Thursday, December 27, 2012
My Home Sweet Home
So Christmas has come and gone and now we are left to pack away all the decorations until next year. It was a lovely time with my precious family and my husband's family. It was also an eye-opening time for me. I realized something that I figured all along but it was made very clear to me this Christmas. You see, a couple days before Christmas, my husband learned that his grandfather was very ill and in the hospital. We were scheduled to spend our Christmas with his family and the plans remained unless his grandfather's health worsened. Well, it did. So Christmas day, my husband, his siblings and their mother took a trip to go see their grandfather, her father. It was a no-brainer that my husband had to be there so they headed off as quickly as they could. At that point, two of my boys were very cranky and in desperate need of a nap. I decided instead of hanging out at my in-laws house, I would head to my grandmothers house to visit her, my grandfather, my dad, my brother, my sister, and my brother-in-law. I managed to get the two cranky pants to take a nap and as I sat on the floor, waiting for them to fall asleep, I realized how lonely I felt. It was the most confusing feeling I've ever felt. It was confusing for me because I knew I wasn't alone. I had my wonderful family right there with me. I also had my wonderful in-law family there if I needed them. Yet, my heart felt so lonely. It was then I realized that my husband is my home. He's my safe haven. He's my rock. He gives me the confidence to press on. He strengthens me as a wife and mother. He's my home sweet home. I wasn't missing my own bed. I wasn't missing familiar surroundings. I was missing him. I felt lost without him. I had the opportunity to explain this to him and share with him the feeling of security he gives me. Thankfully he didn't think I'm a freak! LOL! He was blessed to know that I need him and rely on him. It also confirmed what we've both known all along; it doesn't matter where we move to, as long as we have each other, we will be just fine. I'm so thankful for him, my home sweet home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I absolutely LOVE this post. You so beautifully put into words exactly how I feel about my husband. The very first time I hugged him, the thought and feeling of "HOME" overwhelmed me, and I've felt that way about him ever since. Thank you for this message... we are so blessed to have great husbands!
ReplyDelete