What was I thinking?
I'm doing this again? Why am I doing this again?
Here we go!! Yeah! I can do this. I can do this. I'm going to cry.
What should my facebook status be after this run?
AHH...TWIG...DUCK!
I can do hard things!
I delivered an 8 1/2 lb baby without an epidural. That was hard. I can do this.
Come on, Nicole. Pick up the pace. Quit slacking.
Where the heck am I? Shouldn't I be done already?!
Oh gosh, grab the cup, don't run into anyone, careful....
Yummy! Nothing like sweat laced, mashed up ibuprofen. Oh well.
Wow! There goes that little girl! She's so freaking fast.
I can't do this. I can't do this. I can do this. I can't do this.
Pain is temporary. Memories are forever. Unless I forget. Oh crap.
Pain is temporary. Medals are forever. Unless lydia claims all my medals. Oh crap.
Pain is temporary. Internet results are forever. yeah, I like it.
I need to walk. No, I can't walk. Stop trying to be a quitter.
They're going the wrong way. Great, now I'm going the wrong way. Oh..no I'm not.
Turnaround at a flag pole. Seriously! Hmm...What if I grab it, spin around quickly, then launch down the path faster?! No, I shouldn't try it.
OOOOH, CAMERA! CHEESE!!! :)
I'm sure there were many, many more random thoughts and here are just a few. I really enjoyed this weekend. My body hates me but it will get over it. What I love most is that now my kids want to run. That makes me proud. (I started running because my dad's an amazing marathon runner.) Oh, and one of my favorite memories by far is when I was slowly (because I was in so much freaking pain) crossing the street, an old man in his car rolled down his window and yelled "JERK!!" at me. Ha! Old people. Can't wait until I'm old. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment